Upstate SC ASTD is launching the Training and Development Awards of Excellence competition to recognize accomplishments by an organization, business, or individual in the area of employee training and development. Award entries, written in a required format with a 4-page limit, are to be based on an initiative promoting one of the ASTD Competency Model’s nine Areas of Expertise and must have been completed or started between Jan. 1, 2011, and Aug. 31, 2012. This awards competition is open to all ASTD members and non-members across the U.S.
According to the ASTD Competency Model, the nine Areas of Expertise are:
- Career Planning and Talent Management
- Delivering Training
- Designing Learning
- Facilitating Organizational Change
- Improving Human Performance
- Managing Organizational Knowledge (including Social Learning)
- Managing the Learning Function
- Measuring and Evaluating
There is no entry fee for the inaugural year. Deadline for submitting entries will be 12 noon, Nov. 15, 2012. Entries may be either emailed to email@example.com or mailed/hand delivered to the Upstate SC ASTD office located at the University Center of Greenville, 225 South Pleasantburg Dr., Greenville, SC 29607.
Conducted by a panel of local employee training and development executives, the judging criteria will focus on the overall impact of the identified ASTD Competency Model’s Area of Expertise; the unique qualities of the initiative; the measurable value to the organization, business, or client; and the innovated advancement in employee training and development. To be recognized at the chapter’s Employee Learning Week celebration on Dec. 6, the winner levels are:
- Gold Star – one year membership in Upstate SC ASTD chapter and one year Season Pass to 2013 Chapter Meetings
- Silver Star - One year Season Pass to the 2013 Chapter Meetings
- Bronze Star – One year Mini Pass to five of the 2013 Chapter Meetings
To download the Call for Award Entries package, click here Call for Entries.pdf.
For more information, contact Bob Kouvolo, president of Maximum Potential Training and the chapter’s VP of Special Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-419-6521.